"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."-Jeremiah 29:11
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Perspective

So I don't have a whole lot to blog about today but I was inspired to write at least a little bit after the sermon at church this morning. You all know I've been in a bit of a funk over the whole election and after math. I'm trying to do several different things regarding all of this...one, to pray for our new leader...I think he'll need a lot of prayers and two...have faith...that God is in charge...of EVERYTHING and the results of this election were decided by HIM long before anyone ever went to vote. Anyways, Barry, our pastor, said something really interesting in his sermon this morning that really made me stop and think about my perspective on things. Barry pointed out that we...as a church had more power than one elected official...even if he is the president. Wow! I never thought of it that way but those words totally changed my outlook on the results of this election. We as Christians have so much power...through prayer and faith. Sometimes, we just need a reminder that we've got the most powerful King of all on our side.

1 comment:

Lindsey @ A New Life said...

You have a blog too!! So apparently our entire church is addicted to facebook AND blogging :0) Hmmm...

Still praying and hoping you are not TOO uncomfortable!