"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."-Jeremiah 29:11
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The Election

I'm sitting here listening to Fox News reporting on the election. Though the numbers aren't in yet, they are calling Barak Obama the new president elect. I am literally physically ill. Scott predicted that this would be the outcome of the election. I truly want to cry. I'm alternately praying and trying not to throw up. I am so thankful for my faith...that my parents brought us up to love and trust Jesus and right now, that's our only option. The sad thing is that this country, a country founded on Christianity has fallen by the wayside. God has become an embarrassment and an inconvenience to us. In Bible study we've been talking about discipline and though our Bible study is based on the Old Testament, we often referrence the New Testament. Maybe this is God's way of disciplining us as a country? I don't believe God is turning His back on us...He is a loving God...but I do think He may be disciplining us for turning our backs on Him. It terrifies me that I'm about to bring a child into this world where a man who doesn't even believe in the God that this country was founded on is running our country. My greatest comfort is my faith and knowing that whatever happens, whoever is in power, ultimately, there is only ONE MAN who controls everything and that's Jesus Christ.

No comments: