"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."-Jeremiah 29:11
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, August 18, 2008

Starting Out the Nursery

Yesterday Scott started on Sarah's nursery. The first pic is our before. We should've taken pictures of the wall paper border that was up too. Our wonderful renters...and I say this with a great deal of sarcasm....decided to decorate the "nursery" before we came back to Texas. I have been calling this the throw up room but thankfully now we can make it look beautiful again! The renters left the ceiling the mocha color the walls and ceiling were originally painted and then painted the top half of the room bubble gum pink and the bottom half the most hideous shade of green on the planet! This green is so bad that I'm fairly certain it doesn't even exist in nature! Okay, I'm off my soap box for now. So, the next picture is after Scott put primer all over the walls and ceiling. The last picture shows the ceiling completely painted. By the way, the lighting is funny in these so the color is Ecru, not gray in case you happened to care. My parents are coming Labor Day weekend to help us finish up or at least mostly finish up the nursery. Hopefully Scott will get around to painting the top half of the walls and the furniture before they come. I am SO JEALOUS because I want to help but unfortunately the fumes are too strong in that room for me to be in there for more than a minute or two. Keep an eye out because I'll be updating our progress with new pics.


No comments: